What is transit?
Use the search bar to find what you're looking for!
What Does transit Mean
Transit is the action of transit (going from one place to another on public roads or places). The concept is often used to name the movement of vehicles and people passing through a street , highway or other type of road . For example: “The traffic in this city is hellish” , “Excuse me, I was late because there are traffic problems” , “Motorists should bear in mind that traffic circulates slowly on the main access roads to the city” .
The flow of vehicles can also be known as vehicular traffic or traffic . In large cities, traffic is a factor that largely determines daily life. Depending on the traffic conditions, a person may be late for work or lose several hours on their way.
The bottlenecks are the problem more visible traffic. This occurs when traffic is not fluid since the number of vehicles is greater than what a street can accommodate. When congestion occurs, cars cannot circulate normally and must slow down or even stop.
The management and control of traffic is the responsibility of state authorities. This is a very important task for a government , since traffic accidents cause thousands of deaths a year. The correct operation of the traffic lights, the signaling of streets, avenues and highways, the care of the pavement and the penalties for those who violate traffic laws reduce the chances of accidents.
One of the most common causes of traffic accidents is the irresponsible consumption of alcohol before getting into a vehicle. When a group of friends or acquaintances share a car to go to an event where they know they will drink alcoholic beverages, there is a code that consists of one of them staying sober to take care of driving around the corner. This rule, respected by many, prevents hundreds of misfortunes a year and, since the role of driver is rotating, it is a collective effort.
On the other hand, the issuance of illegal driver's licenses opens the doors to a myriad of potential accidents. The rules of transit respond to a number of needs of each region, established to ensure the welfare of its people, and that is why it is essential to know them and respect them thoroughly; every time a card is falsified, the obligation to pass the regulatory examination is omitted, thus putting those people who trust in the responsibility of their fellow citizens at risk.
Traffic regulations (or traffic , depending on the country) govern the behavior of all citizens on public roads, both drivers and pedestrians. Let's see below some of its main points:
Duties of drivers
* make sure your vehicle works well;
* Always have the necessary spare parts and tools to deal with potential emergencies;
* take care of the condition of all the car's components, such as the steering system, lights and brakes, the rear-view mirrors and the windshield;
* use the vehicle in a prudent manner, at all times attentive to the actions of other drivers and pedestrians;
* do not drink alcohol before driving;
* Refrain from making phone calls and other activities that may distract them during the trip.
Duties of pedestrians
* always walk in the permitted areas;
* look both ways and check that the cars are stopped before starting to cross the street;
* keep a safe distance from moving vehicles;
* avoid distractions that could lead to accidents of any magnitude.